Experience the real Crete with a walk through one of its most picturesque cities. Chania is a kaleidoscope of different elements: ancient ruins, strong local culture and traditions, and delectable cuisine.
- Visit a secret spot to watch the sunset — a spot that only locals know about.
- Discover the bohemian side of Crete, from funky workshops to cool cafés.
- Venture into the city’s alleyways and back lanes to discover vibrant cultural spaces.
- Participate in a one-of-a-kind wine tasting event and learn about the local varieties on offer.
- Enjoy organic ice cream and a shot of Cretan moonshine, or as the locals call it, raki.
- Adults 18+ years old
- Private Tour Starting price per person
Enjoy Wine, Food, and Spirits in Chania!
If wine is your thing, you’ll be glad to know there’s plenty of it in Chania, as well as good food, strong spirits, and mythical tales hidden down back alleyways. We check it all out and more after sunset on this tour that visits the spots only #localsknow.
Local impact — How you help the local community by joining this tour:
- As part of this tour, you participate in a high-quality local wine tasting session while pairing your wine with fresh local products from regional farms and vineyards.
- You also support a family-owned business by tasting an organic ice cream made from fresh local products and selected raw ingredients.
- On this tour, you also visit a cooperative that supports local producers directly.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, bus fare, wine tasting, three-course gourmet dinner, ice cream, raki (local spirit)
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, tips/gratuities for your guide
- Duration: 4 hours
- Meeting point: Chania Municipal Market (the Public Market is located at the center of the city, on central market square). Your guide will be standing outside the market, on the left, holding an Urban Adventures sign.
- Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///forever.snoring.fancy
- Starting time: 6.30 pm
- Ending point: Chania Old Town
Experience Chania the way it’s meant to be experienced — like a local. This Crete sunset tour will take you out on a late afternoon to discover all the hidden gems Chania has to offer!
After meeting your guide, the time of your life will begin when you jump on a local bus for a quick 15-minute ride to a place that’s off the beaten track and held dearly by locals. This historic spot provides the perfect vantage point from which you can enjoy the most captivating sunset. Watching the sun slowly make its descent is breathtaking and well worth the trip — but we’re far from done.
Your next stop on this Chania tour will be the Venetian Old Port. We’ll roam through back streets known only to locals and capture the last rays of light. You’ll hear myths and tales about some of the more unique buildings, as well as famous locals, and while they may seem like fiction, many of these stories are very real.
The next stop is a secret garden in the centre of Old Town. This one-of-a-kind venue is probably going to be everyone’s favourite part, as it includes wining and dining. You’ll participate in a local wine and food-appreciation feast, and learn about local Cretan varieties of wine, as well as tips like what to look for in the perfect glass of wine. You’ll also get to taste four local wines that have won awards, and taste some organic food that will mesh beautifully with the wine.
We’ll also show you funky, alternative bars and clubs where you can hang out later — have a beer, meet some cool people, and even admire some interesting art installations.
If you have a sweet tooth, you’ll be glad to know that there’s something sweeter than wine on this tour: ice cream! We’ll show you where to get the best ice cream in town. The ingredients are made from organic fruits and nuts, which are local and fresh. Your taste buds will experience something they’ve never tasted before!
We’ll end the night off with a stroll and a nightcap in the form of a shot of raki (a local spirit). We’ll take a walk around the Venetian Old Port and we’ll reminisce on the Best. Tour. Ever.!
Dress standard: Please dress smart-casual, with no flip flops — but comfortable walking shoes are advised.
Your trip: For your Urban Adventure tour, you will be placed in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Child policy: This tour is limited to participants age 18 or older because of age restrictions at the bars we will be visiting. Please remember to bring a valid government-issued ID with you.
This tour can be customised to cater for dietary needs at your request. Please notify us if you have any allergies or other dietary requests when you book. You can do this in the ‘Additional information’ box at checkout.
Mr. David B. from Australia travelled on 06 Oct 2018:
Our guide in Chania eas enthusiastic and charming. We had an informative tour followed by a delicious wine tasting and meal.